Monday, March 30, 2009

Amazing country with pushy sales people

Now it is time to write an entry about this issue because I am really fed up with it. Morocco is a beautiful country with impressive geography. BUT many people we meet on the roads or especially in the cities try to sell us something or want money. They never leave you alone. I am used to pushy sales people from Grand Bazaar of Istanbul and trust me in comparison to Moroccans, they are nothing. Asking a direction to any person in Marrakech or Fes can be a mistake because they don't take you to the direction you want but to the shop they get commission. It is really annoying I have to say.
I understand that pushy sales people in Fes or Marrakech behave so but when we stop with our bikes in the middle of nowhere, people are running to us from far distance to ask for money, things or sell us something. As I said, Morocco is a fantastic destination to visit and I am sure I will do it again but I will not miss the sales people.

No comments: